News From Normans


Everything You Need to Know about “Dash for the Dress” Event at Normans Bridal

What is “Dash for the Dress”?  Only the biggest wedding dress sale of the year at Normans Bridal! Affordable wedding dresses will be marked down by 40-80% off. The 2023 sale will also include bridesmaid dresses, mother of the bride dresses, and veils. Wedding dresses will start at $99, veils at $25, bridesmaid dresses at $25, and mother of the bride dresses at $99.

How does it work? Doors open at 8:00 a.m on Saturday October 14th.  Brides often start lining up around 5 a.m. as this sale is first come first served. We do not take appointments for the sale. At 8:00 the first 16 brides in line proceed to the sale area and start trying on dresses (45 minutes allotted). Once a bride finds her dress and a dressing room is available the next bride in line is call back to shop. Despite the chaos, this sale is very organized. No need to stress!

We recommend bringing a helper to assist trying on bridal gowns. Staff will be available to answer questions and hang up merchandise but you will want someone who can help you into the dresses. While there’s no guest limit, it will be extremely busy and there will be no seating available.

All sales are final. Due to the deep discounts, merchandise must be paid for in full*. We accept cash, Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. *For dresses more that $1000 you are welcome to purchase a storage package for $79.95 and put 60% down. The remaining 40% will be due in 45 days.

We will have a list of alterations business available upon request.

Sneak peeks of the sale dresses will be posted on the Dash for the Dress Facebook event page. Unfortunately not every dress will be posted. With 200 wedding dresses, hundreds of bridesmaid dresses and dozens of mothers dresses, there are just too many to post. Just take our word this sale is incredible. Over 75% of shoppers find a dress during the event.

We will be taking non-sale appointments during the sale event. The non-sale merchandise is in a separate area in the store, viewable by appointment only.  Often, brides attend the Dash event in the early morning and schedule an appointment later, just in case they don’t find the perfect dress during the sale.

If you are engaged and ready to find the perfect dress this event is a MUST! Normans Bridal, located in downtown Springfield, Missouri, has been helping brides say “YES” to the dress for 43 years. If you have questions we haven’t answered don’t hesitate to reach out. Our number is 417-866-9800 and we can also be reached on Facebook and Instagram. We hope to see you soon!